At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
In the role of Transportation EIT, we'll count on you to:
* Work as a member of a design team in preparation of the following elements of roadway and highway design using local (state, county or city) or AASHTO standards: horizontal and vertical alignment, intersection layout and sight distance determination, interchange layout, roadway drainage, and right-of-way plans
* Work with a team in the preparation of plans, specifications and estimate for projects of various sizes and complexity
* Produce some of the following plans: Roadway Sections, Alignment/Right of Way Plans, Temporary Erosion Control Plans, Site Preparation Plans, Roadway Profiles, Drainage Plans and Profiles, Utility Plans, Paving, Pavement Marking Plans, Signing Plans, and Traffic Control Plans
* Perform other duties as needed
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering
* Microsoft Office Suite; CAD software packages (MicroStation/GEOPAK) and other design packages
* Solid written and verbal communication skills
* An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
At HDR, we are committed to the principles of employment equity.
USA: We are a Federal Contractor, Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider all qualified candidates regardless of minority, veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or any other status protected by law.
CANADA: We welcome applications from all qualified individuals.
AUSTRALIA: We consider all qualified candidates regardless of gender, ethnicity, country of birth, political or religious affiliation, health status, or any other status protected by law.
At HDR, health and safety matters.
For some positions, you may be required to provide drug and alcohol testing, before or during employment, based on our Drug Testing and Drug Free Workplace Policy.
If you are required to drive for us, we require a valid driver's license and compliance with our vehicle policy.