The Conversion Developer performs data conversion from one or more source systems into a proprietary target system. The main objective of this position is to provide consistent results with conversion solutions with some supervision. Location
- Design, develop, troubleshoot, and execute routines to convert client data using Java and other technologies as necessary.
- Collaborate with project management team and business analysts to form and understand business requirements in order to have the data conversion conform to business rules and satisfy client and project objectives.
- Troubleshoot and resolve client data issues in test and production environments as needed.
- Tune and optimize database objects, queries, and scripts for speed and efficiency in support of data conversion, conversion utilities, and various data related projects.
- Design, implement, and maintain new and existing database objects including tables, indexes, constraints, stored procedures, and user-defined functions in support of data conversion utilities and projects.
- Perform various database administration tasks (i.e., backup, restore, shrink, etc.) typically as part of a conversion project.
- Stay current with Microsoft and other technologies and database concepts.
- Perform other job-related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field or comparable experience.
- Ability to work well within deadline-oriented development structure.
- Ability to work well both independently and within a team environment.
- Strong technical abilities and desire to learn new things.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication skill, teamwork and customer service skills.
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong attention to details
- Working knowledge of the following areas is a definite plus:
- Recording Offices and Official Public Records
- Data conversion/Data Manipulation
- Object Oriented Programming Language (Java, C++, etc..)
- Knowledge of SQL Server and SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS)
- Knowledge of SQL and doing various SQL statements such as Aggregate functions o XML
Requisition Number: 73020043