What you’ll be doing...
The System Assurance Engineer is responsible for the advanced installation, operation, and maintenance of switching, data communication, and peripheral equipment, as well as the operation and management of building power plant and environmental systems. The System Assurance Engineer is expected to perform his/her duties with minimum supervision, and participate in cross-functional projects as scheduled. It is critical that he/she be able to work well with others and with high levels of integrity, as an individual contributor and in a team environment.
Other duties include:
- Coordinate installation, testing and troubleshooting on voice and data network platforms
- Coordinate installation, testing, and troubleshooting of transmission facilities (dark and lit fiber services, Ethernet, SONET, TDM)
- Maintain system applications at their peak performance
- Ensure optimal customer service
- Provide support to a varied user community
- Update daily logs with site-specific information
- Manage workflow tools to create, track and update tasks
- Compose clear and concise reports for system documentation
- Participate in cross-functional projects
- Participate in on-call rotation and rotational night shift work
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Associate's degree or three or more years of work experience,
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Valid Driver’s license.
- Ability to lift 50lbs.
Even better if you have:
- Technical degree; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Self-motivated, engaged team player who has demonstrated success collaborating across teams
- Detail oriented and thorough; possess troubleshooting skills and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- CCNA or JNCIA Certification is preferred
- General knowledge in the use of electronic test equipment
- General knowledge of transmission facilities (dark and lit fiber services, Ethernet, SONET, TDM)
- General Knowledge of Cisco and/or Juniper routers
- Experience with UNIX/Linux operating systems
- Experience with python, shell, AWK, SED and other common system tools
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office product suite
- Training or experience in 2 or more of the following areas:
- data communications
- digital communications
- operating systems and applications
- networking or router support
- working knowledge of DC power rectification and battery systems
- project management
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.