Project Application Senior Manager
Project Application Senior Manager (146096)
About UsAt HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
HDR is implementing Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) where the financial, HR and project-based systems will be migrated from PeopleSoft to Oracle EBS.
The primary duty of the Project Application Senior Manager is to provide primary oversight and subject matter expertise for the Project-to-Close (PTC) business applications. More specifically, the candidate will be responsible for supporting the Project Costing, Project Billing and Project Management functions.
The Project Application Senior Manager is responsible for HDR's PTC applications. More specific duties include:
- Develop and maintain PTC roadmap
- Drive PTC initiatives and related support functions
- Create requirements documents, functional specifications and test scripts
- Develop and document business processes for the PTC functions
- Assist with data mapping and validation for conversion activities
- Facilitate change management initiatives
- Work with cross-functional teams to resolve business process issues and identify business process improvement opportunities
- Work with business managers across the organization to coordinate deployments activities
- Work with Business Application Managers and Technical Application Managers to implement system changes
- Serve as functional interface between HDR and Oracle
- Enterprise support
- Strong Personality -- You will be interfacing with Corporate Executives, Department Heads, Project Leaders, Internal Management and other strong personalities.
- Social Skills -- Our Team works hard in pressure situations. This requires that you have an outgoing personality that fosters camaraderie with your co-workers and customer project team members.
- Organization -- You must be well organized and be able to handle multiple concurrent tasks efficiently.
- Project Management -- You will be part of multiple teams and must be able to work with project coordination, project scheduling, task completion, task updates, etc.
Strong preference given to local candidates in Omaha or willing to relocate to Omaha
Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems, Accounting, Finance or related field or equivalent years of experience
Minimum of 3 years experience in application management
EBS and Project-to-Close experience is required
Ability to develop and maintain application roadmaps
Experience authoring business requirements, functional specifications and test scripts
Demonstrated analytical thinking and problem solving skills
Demonstrated ability to work across functional teams
Has subject matter expertise for the PTC applications
Process design tools
Project management skills
Intermediate MS Excel, Intermediate MS Word
Why HDRAt HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
At HDR, we are committed to the principles of employment equity.
USA: We are a Federal Contractor, Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider all qualified candidates regardless of minority, veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or any other status protected by law.
CANADA: We welcome applications from all qualified individuals.
AUSTRALIA: We consider all qualified candidates regardless of gender, ethnicity, country of birth, political or religious affiliation, health status, or any other status protected by law.
At HDR, health and safety matters.
For some positions, you may be required to provide drug and alcohol testing, before or during employment, based on our Drug Testing and Drug Free Workplace Policy.
If you are required to drive for us, we require a valid driver's license and compliance with our vehicle policy.